Thursday, November 26, 2015

This attitude that we call gratitude

Well hello there!

I realize I haven't been on here in what seems like a century. Time is flying by and I feel busy all the time... and when I'm not busy I'm exhausted and the last thing I do is get on the computer and think about blogging.

But today A. is getting some daddy-son bonding time in before little man and I leave for the rest of the weekend, so I'm taking some time out to list some things I'm thankful for.

1. I am thankful for my beautiful, happy, healthy son.
    It's hard to imagine what life was like before him.
    There are two local kids here that are facing such incredible medical struggles- one is a third grader at one of my schools and another is the young son of a woman I work with. I pray for them and think of them often, and every time they post about another medical hurdle on Facebook I thank my lucky stars and count my blessings.
     And I see so many awful things happening to babies in the news, and it breaks my heart, and I count my blessings again.


2. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who still seems to love me despite our constant state of exhaustion, my acquired lack of interest in my appearance, and my stress over school. 
     We make a good team.
      I love him a lot.

3. I'm thankful for our loving, supportive families and how they would drop anything in an instant to help us.
     When A. was suddenly hospitalized in April, right after little man was born, our families came to the rescue. My brother-in-law came right over to watch little man while A. was loaded into the ambulance in our driveway. My sister-in-law came home from school to help watch little man. My parents immediately took off work and drove the two hours here to babysit so I could be in the hospital with A. My in-laws drove me to the hospital and waited in the ER with us all day and then helped out while A. was recovering. That's just one example of a time when everyone helped us out this year. 
      We are so lucky.

4. I am thankful for the relatively good health of our families.
     There have been some rocky spots this year, but overall we're doing okay. 

5. I am thankful for our house, our vehicles, and most importantly, our jobs.
     My new job is stressful for now until I get things figured out, but I love it.
     And I am super grateful A. still has a job, as 80% of the employees at his company were recently laid off.



There are so many more things I could list... it would just keep going. Our friends, our food, our Disney trip in February, music, the fact that we live in relative safety. 

Be sure to tell someone you love them today. : )
-K.

1 comment: