Sunday, March 22, 2015

There's nothing like a show on Broadway, nothing like a Broadway show!

I am a huge fan of Broadway music. One of my kids was doing a survey for his English class a few months ago and asked me what kind of music I listen to most often - I think most of his answers were pop, rock, country, rap, etc... and I answer "Broadway showtunes and Disney soundtracks."

Don't judge me. : )





Yesterday I decided to make a giant iTunes playlist of all (well, most) of my favorite Broadway songs. I don't have soundtracks for all of the musicals I like, but I do have a lot... and I wound up with 65 songs.

Here they are!

Aida
The Gods Love Nubia

Aladdin the Musical
Friend Like Me
Somebody's Got Your Back



Avenue Q
I Wish I Could Go Back to College

Bombshell (from the TV Show "Smash")
Don't Say Yes Until I Finish Talking
Cut, Print, Moving On
Don't Forget Me

Book of Mormon
Two by Two
I Believe



Cabaret
Cabaret

First Date
Safer
Something that Will Last
In Love With You

Footloose
Mama Says
Footloose (Finale)

Funny Girl
Don't Rain on My Parade

Guys and Dolls
Runyonland Music/Fugue for Tin Horns
Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat

The Walter Bobbie version is my favorite. (Nathan Lane <3)

Hairspray
The Nicest Kids in Town
Ladies' Choice
You can't Stop the Beat

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
Brotherhood of Man

The NBC version of Brotherhood of Man is WINNING.




Jersey Boys
Can't Take My Eyes off of You

Jesus Christ Superstar
King Herod's Song

The King and I
Getting to Know You

Kiss Me Kate
Another Openin', Another Show
Always True to You (In My Fashion)
Where is the Life that Late I Led?
Brush Up Your Shakespeare

The Last Five Years
I Can Do Better than That
A Summer in Ohio

Les Miserables
Master of the House
A Little Fall of Rain
One Day More!

True story, person who made this image... the 10th Anniversary concert is my favorite version of Les Mis. 


The Music Man
Ya Got Trouble/76 Trombones

Oklahoma!
People Will Say We're in Love

Oliver!
Consider Yourself
Oom-Pah-Pah

Once Upon a Mattress
Happily Ever After

The Phantom of the Opera
Masquerade

The Pirates of Penzance
When a Felon's Not Engaged in his Employment

The Producers
I Wanna Be a Producer
Betrayed

The Great Nathan Lane... I love him!

Rent
La Vie Boheme A&B
I'll Cover You (Reprise)

Shrek: The Musical
Don't Let Me Go
I Know It's Today

Singin' in the Rain
Moses

The Sound of Music
I Have Confidence

South Pacific
I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair
There is Nothin' like a Dame



Spamalot
Monks Chant/He Is Not Dead Yet
The Song that Goes Like This
Find Your Grail
Diva's Lament

Thoroughly Modern Millie
Forget About the Boy

Urinetown
Run, Freedom, Run!
We're Not Sorry

From my turn in "White Christmas"... I love a piano!


White Christmas
Happy Holiday/Let Yourself Go
I Love a Piano

Wicked
Dancing Through Life
For Good

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
My New Philosophy




I also have the opening that Neil Patrick Harris did for the 67th Tony Awards... not technically from a show, but it's definitely Broadway (and definitely awesome!)




Am I missing any of your favorite show tunes (or shows)? : )
-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment