Saturday, January 3, 2015

Baby baby, the stars are shining for you...

I haven't done a Baby Z update in a while, so...


It's a boy! : )


I will be 27 weeks on Monday. I can't believe it. Where has the time gone? HOW ARE THERE ONLY 13 WEEKS (unofficially) LEFT?!

- Now that we know it's a boy, the most common question is "Do you have a name picked out?" The answer is - we have a few narrowed down, but we aren't telling anyone. Too many people like to tactlessly share their opinions on names.

- After looking semi-pregnant/semi-"I ate too many cheeseburgers" for several weeks, I really popped out the second week of December - week 23. It was like one morning I woke up and BOOM... big belly.

- That week was totally crazy - it was full of Christmas concert rehearsals, meetings, and two concerts. One night I came home, got in the shower, and yelled "HEY A! COME HERE!" He thought something was wrong, but I was laughing - I had to show him that my feet were bigger than my head. You don't believe it until it happens. So that's the week my feet began swelling to epic proportions.

- My wedding rings went the next week. I invested in a simple band from Target for the sweet price of $12.99 so that my circulation is no longer cut off in my left ring finger.

Took this picture with my sweet Jamberry nails about five days before I packed the wedding rings away.


- I also sprained my ankle at my high school Christmas concert. It was really stupid. I went to step up on my podium to begin a song, and I stepped with my left foot right on the edge of the podium instead of in the middle. The podium rocked, my ankle rolled, and it became "mega-ankle" for the next three weeks. It is finally starting to look normal again. I could walk on it normally and everything, so I didn't even realized it was sprained until one night when we were comparing my ankles and realized my left foot was super-big compared to my right foot. Whoops.

- Christmas was fun but I noticed I got completely exhausted much faster than usual. I really wanted to spend more time with people but I was so wiped out!

- Since Halloween my only real cravings have been for Milky Way bars and those have kind of died out. Last week I got a sudden urge for popsicles and Icees (especially blue raspberry), which is still going strong. At least this craving isn't terribly unhealthy!

- This week, week 26, became "the week of no more non-maternity clothes." Obviously my sweatpants and baggy t-shirts are still fine around the house... but some of the pre-pregnancy sweaters I had been wearing suddenly seemed very short and inappropriate for wearing out in public. Luckily, I did receive some new maternity shirts for Christmas - so I do have more options to rotate through my wardrobe now.

- I also woke up feeling super-sick on New Year's Day. My sister-in-law and her family had been passing around the flu and cold, so I figured it was only a matter of time for my compromised immune system. Sore throat, hacking cough, sinus pressure, stuffy/runny nose, and watery eyes. It's been super fun since pregnancy really limits the amount of medications you can take. I keep looking sadly at the NyQuil and Tylenol PM in my medicine cabinet, and remembering a time when I could both sleep and breathe through my nose.

- My parents were down here for NYE and day this year, which was nice. On NYD, my mom and A. painted the nursery. It's a bright aqua color because we are doing a Finding Nemo theme. We have our crib and some nursery stuff, but we're not assembling it until we paint the ceiling in there, because unfortunately the painters' tape ripped off some of the original cheap ceiling paint. Boo! I'm so excited to get it set up. : )



We are going to Disney World in a little less than a month, and I'm super pumped. I have read oodles of blogs from women who have traveled there while pregnant, and I will be sure to add my experiences to the (small but mighty) throng. After that it will only be a short amount of time until we actually get to meet Baby Z! CRAZY!

I'll try to blog again before then but... as usual, no promises. Life is nuts.
Until then, keep on keepin' on!
-K.

1 comment:

  1. You have been keeping super busy even with Baby on the way! Can't wait to hear his name!! :)

    ReplyDelete