Monday, April 21, 2014

Back on the WW Wagon

After battling with my warm-weather wardrobe for the past two weeks, I finally caved and renewed my Weight Watchers online subscription. Sad but true, I have gained twenty pounds since A and I got married last July. Yeah, that's right - I gained back ALL of the weight I lost for my wedding, and it only took me 9 months. Way to go, K.

Not only do I want my clothes to fit, but I would like to feel better, too. If I already feel good after cutting Diet Coke from my diet in February, imagine how much better I will feel once I am eating right (read: not half a box of EL Fudge Double Stuffed cookies as soon as we get home from the store - to be fair A. eats the other half) and making a sincere effort to exercise more! Once the sunlight starts lasting longer, the weather gets warmer, and I have more outside work to do, that seems to come naturally. Having Penny this year should help, too, since I walk and play with her.

Can't eat just one, so I have to start eating NONE.

This morning I went on a serious grocery trip - spent a good portion of the bill on produce, and also got some healthier snacks and planned ahead for meals for the week. 

For dinner tonight we had salmon and WW baked potatoes. I made salmon using the Magic Salmon seasoning that I wrote about a while ago, only with a lot less butter than usual... and along with the baked potatoes, it was the perfect amount of food. So, so good.


I had never baked a potato before, can you believe it? It wasn't too bad - I used the microwave method: wash the potato, coat potato in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, poke lots of holes in it with a fork, and then cook in the microwave for five minutes. Turn the potato over, cook another three to five minutes. Voila - baked potato!

Then I used this super simple WW recipe: cut the potato in half and cook 1/4 cup of frozen broccoli. Mix it with 1 Tbsp of low-fat cream cheese until the cheese melts. Scoop that mixture onto the halves of the potato. Top with reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and stick back in the microwave for 30 seconds or until cheese melts. And there you have it - a delicious baked potato with toppings, all for only 5 points plus. YUM! : )

(I would like to point out that A. added bacon to his baked potato, and also had mac n cheese as part of this meal. But I wasn't really jealous of either thing, so it's okay.)

Tomorrow we are going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and it's my first time there. So that will be a good challenge right at the start of this journey!

Any other Weight Watchers out there reading my blog? What recipes do you recommend? : )
-K. 


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! :) This week, I started cutting back on my portion sizes. I used the My Fitness Pal app awhile ago to track my calories and workouts. I was actually losing some weight. I know it's healthier to make your own food, but it's such a pain to try to figure out calories for meals I make myself! lol

    ReplyDelete