Today I did a bunch of cooking and baking since I won't be home much this week, so that I don't have to worry about cooking and/or baking when I am here.
I decided to share this recipe with you because it is AWESOME and these are delicious. A gave them two giant thumbs up.
Apple Cinnamon Puffs
Yields 8 puffs
You will need:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Pillsbury Grand Home Style Biscuits
1 cup chopped apple
1/2 cup chopped dates (optional - did not use)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1) Heat oven to 350*. Grease 8 rounds in a muffin pan.
2) In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended, set aside
3) In a different bowl, place sugar and cinnamon mixture, combine and set aside
4) Separate dough into eight biscuits; then split each in half and "re-round" them so you have a total of 16 circles. I also flattened mine out a bit.
5) Place 8 circles on a cutting board; spread each biscuit with 1 Tbsp cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 inch of edge.
6) Top each with 1 rounded tablespoon of the chopped apple and dates. Press remaining biscuit halves out and cover each apple-topped biscuit round; press edges to seal.
7) Dip each round in melted butter, then dip in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
8) Place in greased muffin pan.
9) Bake at 350* for 13-18 minutes or until golden brown. (I did 18 minutes and they were great)
10) Cool ten minutes, serve warm.
So, so delicious. Definitely worth a try!
Have a good week, everyone --