Monday, February 10, 2014

Oh the weather outside is weather...

Today's message is brought to you by mean, old, stinky jerkface winter.


Last week, my schedule went like this: Weekend. Snow Day. Work Day. Snow Day. Two-hour delay. Two-day conference. One-day weekend. And today was a two-hour delay.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that I work in a field where I don't have to go in to work if it is unsafe to drive. Since A. got a truck, I have been less worried about him driving over the mountain to work, but I still don't like it on the mornings when we have inches of ice on the roads. The thing is, with this much winter weather, it is impossible to get anything accomplished right now. Some of my kids take advantage of the extra practice time. Most do not.

I am just so, so, so tired of frigid temperatures and snow and ice. 

It needs to go away. Go. Away.

Remember the summer, when everyone complains about how it's too hot? Give me that any day!

I found this on Google Image search and it cracked me up. : )


There is another "major storm system" predicted for this week and I'm just like.... whyyyyyy.

A. and I were both sick this past week, and that was when the ice storm happened, so our driveway never got cleared off. We were both so miserable and in NyQuil comas, so it just wasn't going to happen. Last night's snow covered the ice on the driveway, so at least we had traction when leaving for work this morning! Luckily, we're both pretty much back to normal, so if any more snow does appear we should be able to get rid of it.

...........and end rant!

I have been trying to keep the winter blues away by reading (I'm in the middle of the Beyonders series by Brandon Mull... if you like YA fantasy/science-fiction, it's very good) and trying new recipes, or at least resurrecting old recipes that I haven't made in a while. In the past week I've made caramel corn, turkey enchilada pie, shrimp stir-fry, chocolate chunk cookies, and pot roast. Tomorrow I'm planning for chicken, mashed potatoes, and ginger carrots. I also finally sorted all of the wedding photos and am clearing a path through the wedding stuff that is still covering my office!

View from a snowy walk around my development a few weeks ago... the snow's higher now.


In other news, I'm performing in a recital this weekend and it has been pretty nice to focus every day on practicing and making my own music. It's been a while since I have performed "professionally" other than singing in church. Hoping I don't get a resurgence of my sickness and that it goes well : )

Hope all of you out there are staying healthy, warm, and relatively happy in the midst of this winter nonsense. Thanks for sticking with me through these long winter weeks!
-K.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I totally hear you on this winter weather. I am done, done, done! It's been particularly cold this winter, and I don't like it. Our schedules are constantly needing to be changed and it's not like we get to move PSSAs back because we've missed days for snow and/or cold.

    That leg picture made me laugh, too! I always have that awkward sun burn on my thighs. Can't wait to have it again! lol

    ReplyDelete