Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A snowy day

A snow day! A snow day!

I'm not looking forward to making this up in March, BUT I'm not going to lie and say that I haven't enjoyed being off again today. Since I didn't really have off Saturday, it's like I got a three day weekend after all. I feel like I never see my poor Tuesday orchestra groups though. We're going to have to work extra hard to get up to speed!

The first half of the day was dedicated to Penny: we played inside for a little bit, then took a snow walk, then I gave her a bath. We are both very tired. :-P



video

Then, I shoveled the driveway (couldn't get the snowblower to work... ugh!) and got a shower of my own. I have barbecue pork in the crock pot and just worked on my grades for a little bit since the marking period ends this week. I took down the remaining Christmas decorations and put up the couple things I have for Valentine's Day - another holiday I don't really buy into, like Halloween - and now I plan on sitting here, playing on the computer and reading "Bossypants" until Arin comes home.

Yesterday I finally had the opportunity to clean my home office- A. took sleepy Penny watch for a while when he got home from work, and now I can see the surfaces of both of my desks. Receipts are sorted into semi-sensible piles, but none are on the floor anymore. I also got a photo box when we were at Target the other day, and sorted the photos I had covered my art desk from college, school, family, bridal showers, the wedding, the honeymoon, etc. etc. It was a mess. I feel better knowing that it doesn't look like a tornado went through that room behind closed doors. 

And lately, I have really been craving Disney... I had a dream the other night that we went to Disney World, and when we woke up and weren't there I was a little sad. I guess the warm weather seems appealing right now, plus we are planning a couple of trips in the near future so I have Disney fever. : ) I've stayed at the Caribbean resort with my family and A and I went to the Port Orleans French Quarter resort for our honeymoon... anyone out there recommend any of the other resorts? I'm sure they're all awesome! Deluxe resorts are unfortunately a bit out of our budget, though.




Until then... I'm stuck with this:



Stay warm, everyone!
-K.


1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about snow days. It's nice to have a surprise day off, but it sucks making it up later! I had horrible drives to and from school, but I'm thinking we'll have at least a 2 hour delay tomorrow because it's supposed to be so cold.

    ReplyDelete