Monday, December 30, 2013

New additions...

...Not to the family! To the Christmas tree, of course. : )

We have a great collection of ornaments on our tree - they have come from different travels over the years, we've gotten some as gifts, we've inherited some. It's an interesting combination - I would say the three predominating themes are Disney, Steelers football, and musical instruments (which is funny, because in order, that's our interest, his interest, and my interest... haha).

I decided to share some of our new ornaments this year!

Here is one I found in Boston when we were there for my graduation in May:



We got these when we were honeymooning in Disney in July:



The castle actually lights up and changes colors, the same way the real Cinderella's castle does at Christmas. Most of the time, though, I have it turned off - it's in front of a white light so it still has a nice glow!

My mom gave us this ornament to celebrate the real addition to our family this year:


She's such a sleepy puppy... she's conked out next to me on the couch right now. She spent most of yesterday sleeping too - I think she's still recovering from the excitement of the past week! She's also pretty smelly, LOL. She is going to the groomer for the first time later today... I usually give her a bath once a week, but she really needs a hair cut and ear cleaning too, and I'm not going to try either of those on my own!

And finally, here is an ornament that we inherited this year from my uncle. My aunts saved his Christmas decorations and all of us - grandma, my parents, my aunts and uncles, and all of my cousins - got a special ornament and decoration from his collection to remember him by. We got this beautiful gold ornament from Hawaii, which was my uncle's favorite place:






It's been a roller coaster year, full of ups and downs... A. and I bought our new house, I got my Masters' in Music Ed and also got full-time work teaching music again; we got married and went on our Disney honeymoon and got Penny. So many good things and good times spent with people we love. But there were also so many health problems in my family this year, especially with my dad, and then we lost both Uncle Bill and Aunt Sis. So while we have much to be thankful for as we reflect on the year, I will also be remembering them and praying for good health for everyone in 2014.

Thanks for sticking with me as I started this blogging journey this year! See you in 2014!
-K.

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful ornaments! I especially love Cinderella's castle!! :) I hate my ornaments. lol. My mom gave me all of the ornaments I made when I was a kid or that were gifts to me in Christmases past. We also have a bunch of old ornaments from Scott's mom. I'm determined to hit the sales soon to get ornaments I love! :)

    ReplyDelete