Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas Carols: my top played tunes!

Well hey there!

Today was a very productive day - I cleaned house from top to bottom, gave the puppy a bath, finished wrapping presents, and- oh yeah- made a fantastic fondue dinner with my husband. I'll chalk this one up as a win in the books. : )

Instead of investigating different versions of Christmas carols today, I decided to check out the top played songs on my huge list of Christmas songs. Here are my top 5:

1) I Need a Silent Night - Amy Grant
If you've never heard this song, it's so beautiful and sincere. I think it's important to stop and remember the "reason for the season" in the middle of all of the holiday insanity - even though I love it and enjoy it all. I have to keep reminding myself to do that this year.


2) We Need a Little Christmas - Angela Lansbury
Totally classic - from the musical Mame! Always gets me in a good mood.


3) Cold December Night - Michael Buble
I didn't realize I listened to this song so many times! Michael's Christmas album is one of my favorite albums of all time.


4) Frosty the Snowman - Michael Buble feat. The Puppini Sisters
I love these recordings on Michael's Christmas album with The Puppini Sisters (who are not actually sisters). Their harmonies are reminiscent of recordings by The Andrews Sisters, who ruled in the mid-twentieth century (Think "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy")


5) We Three Kings (When They Saw the Star) - Disney's Candlelight Processional
Going to see Disney's Candlelight Processional was one of the best musical experiences of my life. I went with my family in 2003 - we went to Tutta Italia for dinner and then went to see the concert, with narrator Gary Sinese. I love this album and this arrangement of We Three Kings! If you ever get the chance to go - DO IT.




Rounding out the top 10 are:
6) "Thankful" - Josh Groban
7) "Trepak" - Tchaikovsky (The Nutcracker)
8) "Sleigh Ride" - Leroy Anderson
9) "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" - Sandi Patty
10) "Jingle Bells" - Straight No Chaser

Do you have any favorite Christmas carols I haven't touched on yet?
-K.

2 comments:

  1. Those songs sound familiar! Hehe. They are all on the CD you gave me in our exchange last year! :) I'm quite a fan of them all! (P.S. Are you posting videos or audio links for the songs? They aren't showing up for me...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Maybe they have such high counts because I put that playlist on repeat last year : )

      Delete