Sunday, November 24, 2013

Giving thanks: Third installment

I'm back for round three of giving thanks for November! I'm running a little late this week but I'm still going to list seven things. : )

(Round one of my list of things I'm grateful for can be found here, and round two can be found here!)

So, here are seven more things I am grateful for, in no particular order:

1) To be safe and warm under a solid roof as I hear the wind blow furiously outside. Brrrr! Winter is here!

2) Seeing Christmas lights at night... especially where we live, there are so many dark country roads, and when people put up Christmas lights, it's like a beacon in a cold winter night. : )



3) Being able to work with some really awesome people. I'm lucky that my band staff and the other members of the music department are so easy to talk to and work with!

4) Facebook. That might sound weird, but facebook really allows me to keep in touch with friends and family - and as my friends have spread all over the country in recent years (literally - California, Arizona, Indiana, Georgia, Virginia...) it's nice to live in a digital age where it's so easy to stay up to date on what's going on. I still like to send cards, but sometimes it's nice to send a message or write a wall post the minute I have something on my mind. 

5) Real books. : ) Whether they're on my Kindle or actually honest-to-goodness print books, I love being able to escape from the stress of real life into a good book. 

Lately I've been re-reading all of the Little House books, which were my favorites when I was little. 

6) The travel experiences I've been able to have. This morning I was thinking about all of the places I've been and how lucky I am to be able to travel. I've gone on a road trip through New England with my friends; I've been to Europe on a musical tour; I've been to New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., and San Francisco; I've been to Disney World and New Orleans. I've been up and down the east coast on different beaches. 



7) and my wonderful parents... I wouldn't have been to most of those places without them. In fact, I'm not sure where I'd be without them, but I doubt it would be the same situation I am in now. I'm so lucky to have such loving and supportive parents. We might not always see eye to eye but I love them very, very much and I'm extremely grateful for everything they have done for me.



I'll try to get my next Christmas carol post up soon... until then, thanks for checking in! : )
-K.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that it's gotten so cold, and so quickly (or so it seems)! I love looking a Christmas lights. :) I have pledged to actually put some up outside this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Where did this cold come from?! I think we're putting some lights on our porch this year but we're not tackling any hanging lights on our gutters or anything until next year. : )

      Delete