Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Walkin' on Sunshine, WHOA-OH!

So, Becky nominated me for a blogging award : ) It's the Sunshine Award! For people who bring sunshine to the blogging world.



Here are the rules for the award:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger
2. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
3. List 11 bloggers that deserve the recognition and love
4. Post 11 questions for the nominated bloggers to answer. (They cannot nominate the blogger who nominated them)


Here's the thing... I don't follow 11 bloggers. Three of the blogs I "follow" have been dead in the water for quite some time, and others have already also been nominated for said award. SO, I'm going to say - if you're here, and you want to answer some questions, I'll post them at the bottom and you can answer them if you will - just comment with a link to your post with your answers so I can check them out : ) And have fun!

Here are the questions that Becky gave me:

1. Why did you start blogging? There were a lot of exciting things happening in my life at once, and I didn't want it to go undocumented. Also, I was only working part-time - so I had plenty of time to write about all kinds of things, unlike now when I feel like my life is absolutely crazy.

2. If you could relive any moment in your life, what would it be, and why? You know, there are lots of those milestone moments I could list - my wedding, graduations, trip to Europe, etc. - but I'm going to be super cheesy and you're going to deal with it. When my brother was a senior in high school, he got the lead role of Fred/Petruchio in the musical Kiss Me Kate. I was so much in awe of him and I was so proud of him watching that show. I'd love to go back and watch it again. 

So good.... even in tights. : )

3. What is your favorite movie? I'm really bad at picking a favorite movie. My favorite movie is probably Singin' in the Rain. But my favorite re-watchable movie is The Producers, and I also love Disney movies. I CAN'T DECIDE.




4. What do you like best about fall? I really enjoy living in an area that experiences all four seasons, and I think each has its perks. For autumn I like boots, pumpkins, squash, apples... good stuff. 

5. What holiday do you like best?  Why? CHRISTMAS. Because it's the best.



Seriously though, I love the music and the movies and the season and being with all of my family and friends.
 
6. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is an extremely hard question. I'd have to say my dad's barbeque ribs. There are certain foods my parents make that I just can't get a handle on- they always taste better at home. A close second would be southwestern omelets - yummy! I love breakfast foods.

7. What is your favorite book?  OR Who is your favorite author? Harry Potter. Harry Potter. Harry Potter.



8. What kind of music do you most enjoy? Showtunes. I will shamelessly blare them in my car and belt along with them. I also listen to the radio (so... Top 40) and enjoy classical music because I'm a nerd.


9. Where is the most interesting place you've visited? I have been lucky enough to visit many interesting and beautiful places in my life, but I think the most interesting was probably Salem, Massachusetts. What a creepy, fascinating place. 


Really... there's so much stuff like this there. 

 
10. What is your guilty pleasure? This is one of those things, like pet peeves, that I can come up with daily but when put on the spot I can't think of anything. Honestly, I think my top guilty pleasure is taking a book and some good chocolate and/or wine with me to a super hot bubble bath. 

11. Name three things you can't live without.  (I know that's technically not a question, but I got tired of questions starting with "what".) 1- Family. 2 - Books. 3 - Music.


Here are my eleven questions if you want to answer them:
1) Are you named after anyone?
2) Who is your favorite actor?
3) What is your pet peeve?
4) What was your favorite subject in elementary school?
5) What is something you strongly believe in?
6) What is your most memorable vacation?
7) Do you have anything on your Christmas list?
8) On a scale of one (terrible) to ten (awesome) how would you rank your year so far?
9) Have you ever kept a New Years' Resolution?
10) What's your favorite TV show of ALL TIME?
11) What is your favorite movie quote?

Have fun! : ) And thanks again, Becky!
-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment