Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wedding post: Pinning ALL THE THINGS, part 1 - Pins I did not use

There are many things I could be accomplishing right now while the dog is sleeping next to me on the couch... but I'm blogging instead. Oh well.

So, let's talk about Pinterest. It's a blessing and a curse. You can pretty much find anything you'd ever want on there, and I know I'm not the only teacher with the opinion that using Pinterest should qualify as professional development. While planning a wedding, Pinterest can get a little overwhelming. There are so many neat ideas on there and DIY ideas and ideas of things you'd never think of in a million years. Then you start looking at things and thinking, "Do I need to do that? Is this a mandatory wedding thing?"

The answer to that - by the way - is that there is no mandatory wedding thing, other than the very important inclusions of, you know, vows.

Anyway, there are plenty of crazy wedding things I pinned that I never ever used but still liked to look at:





... Pretty cool. But for the record, here is what our cake looked like:

(Do you see the design from our invitation there? Muah ha ha...)





I love this idea in theory but I knew that if I put one more thing on our guests' dinner tables, it would be overload.





Also a cute idea that didn't lend itself to what we were doing.





I was totally going to get these, my mom offered to help pay for them and everything - and then I realized what a waste of money they would be when I could just make table tents instead (for the glass clinking cards in my last entry).





I loved this idea and I thought it would be a great way to tie in the purple with the groomsmen's tuxes, but then I realized - I would probably have to lace all of their shoes myself if I wanted this to happen. So I dropped that one too. (I also considered purple socks, but ran out of time on that one.)





My cousin tagged me in this pin and it would have been so cool to try - but we ran out of time for pictures, and also, I'm not sure if we could have made a "Z" with our bouquets. It might have taken some creative license.

So, there you have it... some things pinned with good intentions that were never used. : )
Stay tuned for pins I did use!
-K.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great ideas! I've seen the two sided cake before. It is pretty cool...but relatively impractical. The I Spy idea sounds pretty fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I feel like it would also be expensive... but probably delicious if someone did it right. I saw an episode of Four Weddings today where their wedding cake didn't have any icing outside at all, just filling. It was interesting!

      I loved the I Spy idea but we used the Instagram hashtag instead... it worked out pretty well : )

      Delete