Saturday, August 17, 2013

HONEYMOON! post: my new favorite things at WDW

It's a beautiful day today : ) One of my school friends is getting married today! Also, it's my parents' 28th anniversary! So all of that is pretty cool. : )

I love talking about our honeymoon, so I'll continue today by talking about my new favorite things at WDW... most of them belong to the Magic Kingdom. We did hit all four major parks while we were down there, and we also went to Downtown Disney - although it was POURING while we were there, so we didn't really walk around and really check things out.

This was my fourth time at Disney, and before this trip, my favorite things were:
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
The Main Street Electrical Parade

Mickey's Philharmagic

Fantasmic
The Great Movie Ride

The American Adventure
Soarin'
Spaceship Earth
Kali River Rapids

On this trip we got to most of those things except Fantasmic and Big Thunder Mountain. We were lucky because we either had a short wait or did a Fast Pass for all of them, except Soarin' - we did wait 90 minutes for that and it was totally worth it.

Here is what I would add from this trip:
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor - oh my gosh, we did this twice because we loved it so much : ) the first time, they put one of my jokes up during the show! Ohhh yeah!

Celebrate the Magic! - between the Main Street parade and the fireworks (Wishes, which are pretty fireworks but I'm not a big fan of the "wishes" soundtrack... IDK) ... they added this thing where they project images onto the castle. The music is awesome, and I love the projections! It's like the castle is a big movie screen. Love. It. Saw this twice, as well.

If you're going to watch this video, you should really hit the "full screen" button. It's so worth it : ) Also, the show in this video is a little different than the one we saw - instead of the Lion King/Jungle Book part, we had a Lilo & Stitch/Little Mermaid part. This gives me hope that the next time we're there it will be a little different again : )



Be Our Guest restaurant - I will probably dedicate an entire post to this because seriously... it's my new favorite thing. I think everytime we go from here on out I will be trying to get reservations to eat here. It's THAT GOOD. Also we ate in the West Wing and I was geeking out the entire time.


Walking around the world at EPCOT - I don't know if it's because I'm older, or because it was just A. and me and we didn't feel obligated to try to do EVERYTHING... but I really enjoyed our trip around the world this time at EPCOT. It was relaxing and pretty.

Lunch at Mexico - we sat on the gazebo that overlooks the whole lagoon, which was gorgeous, and ate some really good food. Can't go wrong!

Finding Nemo the Musical - this was so cool to watch! The puppets were neat, the singing was great, and we escaped into air conditioning for 45 minutes - what's not to love?


Until next time -- I will be reliving our Disney vacation and planning the next one : )
-K.

1 comment:

  1. I love Disney World. I really really do. Scott has never been there, and I hope to go with him someday! :) All of the things you did sound great!

    ReplyDelete