Monday, July 1, 2013

New books to read? YES PLEASE.

I love reading.

I love reading so so very much. I am a lot like Belle in "Beauty and the Beast" because I was walking around reading books at the same time long before texting and walking became a hazard. I have at least one "book for pleasure" at all times, even when I was doing my grad classes and even during the school year. It's just my thing. I really love books, and when I don't have access to new ones, I will read my favorites over and over again. (Sometimes I have a problem with skimming over things, so if I re-read a book I'll catch things on the second or third go-round that I didn't notice before.)


Okay book nerds, let's all drool for a second.



When I saw Erinn at It's the Journey is starting a new book challenge, I wanted in on that. Not because I really am into blog contests or guest blogging, but mostly because I want to investigate some new books and this gives me a good reason to do so.

The book challenge is hosted by Megan at Semi-Charmed Kind of Life, and officially starts today. Below you'll find the prompts with my book choices!


Semi-Charmed Kind of Life

  • 5: Freebie! Read any book you'd like, as long as it follows the above rules. Have a Little Faith: The Story of a Last Request (Mitch Albom)
  • 5: Read a book that is less than 150 pages long. From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (E.L. Konigsburg)
  • 10: Read a book with a color in the title. Silver Linings Playbook (Matthew Quick)
  • 10: Read a book that is not the first in its series. Insurgent (Veronica Roth)
  • 15: Read a book it seems everyone but you has read! The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Stieg Larsson)
  • 15: Read a banned book. The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)
  • 20: Read a book written by a celebrity. Bossypants (Tina Fey)
  • 20: Read a nonfiction book that is not a memoir. Looking for God in Harry Potter (John Granger)
  • 20: Read a book that takes place in a state you have never been in. 11/22/63 (Stephen King) - Texas
  • 25: Read a book that is at least 400 pages long. Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte)
  • 25: Read a book with a main character who shares your first name. The Clique (Lisi Harrison)
  • 30: Read a book written by an author who was born in the same year as you. The Darkest Minds (Alexandra Bracken) - 1987

I'll try to update when I check a book off this list... Currently I am in the throes of Pride and Prejudice, which I have never read. It was free on my Kindle so I'm going to try to get through it this time! : )

Take it easy everyone-
12 days to go!
-K.

2 comments:

  1. Well that's super fun! :) Im hoping that becoming a 6th grade teacher will leave me feeling less exhausted at the end of the day so that I can read books during the school year two. I'm on Book #5 for the year, and 3 of those have been since May.

    Happy Reading!

    (I can't believe you only have 12 days until the wedding!! :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to have something to read a) while drying my hair and b) before bed, so during the school year those are my main reading times... but in the summer it's basically continuous. haha : )

      I really hope you enjoy teaching 6th grade!!!

      And I know... me neither! Today it's down to 11! soon we'll be in single digits. Excited and nervous at the same time!

      Delete