Tuesday, July 30, 2013

And in the morning, I'm making WAFFLES.


Yes. I googled "donkey waffles" to find that gif. 

ANYWAY.

I promised this huge onslaught of blog posts and what have I done? Disappeared again.

We can mostly blame it on this one:


But let's face it... she's really cute. So it's hard to stay mad for long.

So for today, I settled for linking up with Becky!


One of our awesome wedding gifts was a waffle maker. I hemmed and hawed about that waffle maker when we were registering. It has been so worth it. I. Love. It. 


I didn't make waffles in the morning. I made them for dinner, for me. Why? Because A. had eaten already, and I am a grown woman, and my wedding is over, and I'm gonna eat what I want. I WILL EAT WAFFLES FOR DINNER.

Not only will I eat waffles, I WILL EAT CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER WAFFLES FOR DINNER WITH CHOCOLATE SYRUP ON TOP.


I don't have chocolate almond milk... but we do have regular old chocolate milk! So in order to make a reduced waffle recipe for just me, I used a cup of Bisquick, 3/4 cup of chocolate milk, 1 TBSP cocoa powder, and 2 1/2 TBSP of melted peanut butter. And then I heated up Hershey's chocolate syrup in the microwave because it seemed like a good idea.

I did only end up eating one waffle because they were realllllllllly rich. Really good. But there's no way I could eat two! haha I think these would also be really good with ice cream. Or even bananas. But today is one of those days where all I want is chocolate... so that's what I had for dinner. ; )

Tomorrow will be a healthier day! I promise!
-K.



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you really just need breakfast....even a really rich, sweet one...for breakfast! :) thanks of linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete