Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Surprise!

Today has not been the most promising day so far, and it's only 10:25 AM. Let's focus instead on something else, shall we?

For example, on Sunday I posted about how we were about to go out for Father's Day with A.'s family... well, instead of pulling into the restaurant, A. pulled into a different parking lot and led me into a place where I had a surprise bridal shower! (My family lives about two hours away from where we & A's family live, so they decided to have two separate showers.)

It's really hard to surprise me because a) I'm nosy, and b) I'm pretty good at putting clues together. But I never would have guessed the date or location! A.'s mom and sister were a little annoyed at the thin attendance, because they clearly put a lot of time and effort into the shower - but it was on Father's Day, so I am glad that as many ladies came as they did. A.'s brother-in-law also did a lot of work for the shower, so I have been thanking him for sacrificing his holiday for my bridal shower... instead we are celebrating belated Father's Day this coming weekend. : )

One of the many things that I loved about the decor for the shower were the centerpieces, which had the same monograms as our invitations - so cute!!!



Centerpiece on the left, our invitation on the right

And there was soooooooo much food:


Strawberries A.'s brother-in-law made

A.'s grandma made a million cupcakes from scratch, all beautifully decorated:
Red velvet with cream cheese icing
Yellow with chocolate icing
Chocolate with peanut butter icing
White with chocolate icing
Coconut with coconut icing
Carrot with cream cheese icing

A.'s brother-in-law made this awesome fruit tray, as well

Close up of the watermelon bowl - see all of the hearts?!


Basically, it was a beautiful surprise - my mom, dad, and grandma even drove down for the day. They're all so tricky!

Since I woke up to a flat tire on my car this morning (hint: that's one reason today isn't going too great), I've been taking advantage of being stranded at my house and writing out all of my thank you cards from the weekend. I'm sure I can find something else to get into, as well. Just annoyed my plans for today aren't going quite as I'd hoped!

Take it easy, blog world -
K.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet of everyone! Sounds like a great surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete