Sunday, June 16, 2013

Food, glorious food!

Two blog posts in a row WHAT?!

We've just been really busy lately, plus our internet went out for a day this week with all of the crazy storms that went through. So I'm playing catch-up.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

ANYWAY, so I thought I'd bring you some of the delicious, delicious foods we've been eating lately. 

I don't know if I mentioned it, but at my shower a few weeks ago, my guests were asked to bring recipes and spices for me. I have brought (and sent) recipes to showers before, but never heard of the spice idea! So I have all of these great spices, including enough parsley to last me for years as well as different kinds of marinades and seasonings for particular foods.

One of these spices was Magic Salmon Seasoning, from my cousin. I think it is, in fact, magic, because it got A. to eat salmon, which he steadfastly refused to do before.

I don't know why these images are getting so stretched out. Weird.

The recipe is right on the back of the can - all you have to do is slather butter on the salmon and then rub the seasoning into it, and cook it for a while. It is SO DELICIOUS. We've had it twice in the last two weeks. 

The other thing I decided to try recently was Chocolate Strawberry Pie. I found this pin on Pinterest: 
http://pinterest.com/pin/109493834663240099
(For some reason I can't get the widget to transfer to my blog page. I'm having one of those mornings, I guess...)

If you actually click on the pin, it takes you to a completely different recipe than the one listed in the pin caption. But I followed the pin caption. I thought for sure that it would be a "Pinstrosity." (Check out that blog sometime, it's one that I follow and usually pretty hilarious!) BUT, it turned out pretty good!

WHY ARE MY PICTURES SO STRETCHY

When I went to the store to get an Oreo crust, there weren't any there, so I made my own using Reduced-Fat Oreos that I crushed in the Ninja (I LOVE MY NINJA) and used with this crust recipe: 

Then I chopped my strawberries in half and arranged them on the crust (pictured above). Then I covered it all with the chocolate pudding and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours, before covering it with whipped cream and serving it. Yum! The pie was a hit with A.'s family. 

I've been trying a lot of pins out lately, so I will try to keep up with posting whether they are hits or misses. : )

Thanks for reading, have fun eating! ; )
-K.

No comments:

Post a Comment