Thursday, May 9, 2013

My HP Fix : Prisoner of Azkaban

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Today is the last official HP Fix before summer, so I wanted to get in on it... even though, to be fair, I have not been in a happy-blogging-mood the past few days. But HP Fix got me involved in blogging so I couldn't just let it go!

Today's HP Fix is all about the third book/movie in the series, The Prisoner of Azkaban.


I think the most amazing thing about this chapter of the story is the crafting that went into the Time Turner aspect of the story. Every time I read or watch that part of PoA, I am awed by all of the thought and detail that went into setting up the ability to time travel, and to save both Sirius and Buckbeak.




I also love, love, love the character of Professor Lupin. Even though he has a "hairy little problem," he is such a smart and kind-hearted character, and arguably the best Defense Against the Dark Arts professor in the series. 


Here's the thing. The movie for PoA, while it finally put the kids in normal clothes and gave the story a darker tone, also had the lamest, lamest ending of all of the movies. LAME.


WHAT WAS THAT?! WHY!? It did not fit the sequence of the story at all, it was pretty much thrown in at the end to give Harry a broomstick again, and the way Harry got the broom in the book was, in my opinion, much more effective. The ending of the book was so much better. I'd gladly give HP a higher rank in the order of my favorite HP movies IF NOT FOR THE STUPID, LAME ENDING.

Okay, I think I made my opinion known on that. 

For the record, I think this is how I would rank the movies:

1. HP & The Deathly Hallows, Part 2
2. HP & The Half Blood Prince
3. HP & The Goblet of Fire
4. HP & The Deathly Hallows, Part 1
5. HP & The Sorcerer's Stone
6. HP & The Prisoner of Azkaban
7. HP & The Order of the Phoenix 
8. HP & The Chamber of Secrets

That could probably change on any given day, but as of right this second, going through them in my brain, that's how I'd rank them. The books would probably not be in the same order. 

Since we all know I love me some memes... here's what I found : )








Also, fun fact: I went to Europe when I was in high school, and while I was there, HP&PoA was out on the big screens, so my friend J. and I took this picture in front of a movie theatre in Austria : )



Anyway, it's good to be back on HP Fix... maybe it will inspire me to get back on blogging track. 
Take it easy!
-K.

1 comment:

  1. So, are you saying you don't like the end of the movie?? ;) haha

    I love Professor Lupin, too!

    ReplyDelete