Sunday, May 5, 2013

BUSY

Here's a list of what's been going on lately:

1) Wedding stuff.... like crazy. We're two months and a few odd days out. I feel like there are six million things to do. So I'm trying to do a couple each day.



2) Relay for Life. I "raised" $200 (I use quotation marks because I hate to say I raised the money when people donated it to me online). I walked six miles. I had three luminaries - one for my dad, one for my grandpa, and one for my uncle, who is still in CCU. The luminaria ceremony was beautiful, poignant, and really emotional; I cried a lot, but since then I have felt much better. I held a lot of it in the past two weeks, and I finally had an appropriate outlet to get it all out.



3) And of course, as previously mentioned, my uncle has now been in the CCU under sedation for four weeks. Everyone in my family is drained.



4) Since I found out I'm working full time in the fall as a marching band director, I've been busy trying to throw all of that together - which involves scheduling, paperwork, picking music, figuring out budgets, and deciding when to do recruitment and drum major tryouts.



5) And I've been subbing as a full time teacher, which means I had to write sub plans for my part-time job.

6) Also I'm still teaching private lessons at home.

7) And I'm graduating in two weeks so we're trying to get stuff together for our trip to Boston! YAY!

8) My dad's birthday is today so we drove up to see my parents and I am so glad we did. : )

9) A. got poison ivy while working in the yard, so that has been fun for the both of us.


I'd like to promise that I'm going to be posting more, but I can't promise that right now. I feel bad because I've been missing things, including HP fix, that I enjoy, and I haven't been commenting around as much. My schedule is kind of overwhelming me right now. Trying to take things one day at a time and enjoy the good things. I really appreciate all of the ongoing positive thoughts and prayers for my family.

Random side note - I discovered these today, and they're fantastic - only 4 WW points plus -

Skinny Cow frozen candy bars - Cookies 'n' Dough!


I'll be back soon, I hope! With more than just life updates... which does not a good blog make.

Love you all <3
K.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly are busy! So many exciting things going on for you, as well as stressful things. I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers.

    I hope things settle down a little bit soon. We missed you for My HP Fix this week!

    ReplyDelete