Thursday, April 25, 2013

GM Diet Day 4: BANANA MILKSHAAAAAAKE!

DISCLAIMER: I know these posts I wrote about the GM diet have been pinned and commented on, but make sure you consult with a doctor or nutritionist before beginning ANY diet, especially a drastic one like this. If you read the posts I wrote toward the end of the diet, you'll know I got very sick and ended it early... and also gained all of the weight back almost immediately. Make good choices! Be safe!

The recipe for this banana milkshake is still good, though : ) I just, you know, recommend including it in a balanced diet.

I'm still going!

Today is Day Four of my GM Diet Adventure, which consists of milk, bananas, and soup.

This sounds like the weirdest combination of foods to eat for a whole day, ever... but it's really not that bad.

First of all, my appetite seems like it is in check. I had a banana and a glass of milk for breakfast (around 7) and I had another banana around 10:30, the next time I was hungry. And I had another banana for lunch. And when I came home, I made a banana smoothie.

OH. MY. GOSH.

I'm adding these to my regular repertoire. So delicious!!!


GM DIET BANANA SHAKE
I took this recipe from the GMDietWorks.com website and altered it a tiny bit.

Blend:
1 1/2 cups ice
1 cup milk
2 bananas
a dash of cinnamon

The smoothie was a little bland with just the ice, milk, and bananas... and I didn't want to add vanilla, sugar, or sugar substitute. But while I was staring in my cabinet for inspiration, I thought... cinnamon would probably be good! AND IT WAS DELICIOUS. It was like liquid banana bread. Yum!

Then, I made this for dinner: 


GM DIET WONDER SOUP

I used:
4 cups water
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix
one small onion, chopped
two small green peppers, chopped
1 cup chopped cabbage
1/2 cup chopped celery

I wasn't expecting much here. I'm really not a cabbage or celery fan. But, it was hot and filling, so... it wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten. If I get hungry again later I'll probably heat some more up. 

Today's temptations included a cupcake one of my students brought me that she had brought in for her birthday, and two subs and a pizza A. brought home from work. UGH. Everything looked delicious. But was I hungry for any of it? Not really. Was I craving it? No. I cleaned my office when I came home today and stared a Mounds bar in the face for over an hour without feeling tempted. 

This diet has been successful so far, I'm just looking forward to eating my regular foods again... just in moderation. This morning when I weighed in, I was down 3.8 from Monday's weight. It's been exciting to see numbers on the scale I haven't seen in a while, because I have been plateaued at the same weight for about six months now.

Tomorrow is all beef and tomatoes. Mmmmmm....

I leave you with this funny picture I took at the grocery store the other day:


Have a good evening : )
-K.

4 comments:

  1. Since Scott and I have started our Insanity program, I have done really well with eating in moderation. I've really learned about portions and serving sizes, which is a big deal. Because I've been eating more, smaller meals, I think that even when I am hungry, I don't over eat. I feel fuller faster. I think that nice you complete your 7 days, you'll find that you're able to do that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for this!
    general motors diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!gm diet

    ReplyDelete