Wednesday, April 24, 2013

GM Diet, day 3

DISCLAIMER: I know these posts I wrote about the GM diet have been pinned and commented on, but make sure you consult with a doctor or nutritionist before beginning ANY diet, especially a drastic one like this. If you read the posts I wrote toward the end of the diet, you'll know I got very sick and ended it early... and also gained all of the weight back almost immediately. Make good choices! Be safe!

For those of you just tuning in, I started the "GM Diet" on Monday. It has been a challenge at times and other times it doesn't seem like it's that big of a deal.

However, when I weighed in this morning I was down 3.4 lbs since Monday, so that's a pretty big deal! Also, my school pants today felt realllllllllllly loose. Like Hammer Pants kind of loose. And that was pretty cool. (I'm sure it didn't look very awesome, but I felt good that they USED to be tight pants!)

Today's diet consisted of any fruits and veggies. For breakfast I had water and cantaloupe; for lunch I had another spinach salad with tomatoes, along with a baggie of sliced peppers; and for dinner I had - weird, I know - a mixed greens salad along with a side of green beans. As I mentioned yesterday, today I went out for dinner with my friends, and that combo is what I wound up with while eating out. It was alright. For snacks I had carrots, a pear, and peaches. And a ton (TON) of water.

Tomorrow is banana smoothie day!!! I'm so excited.

I have a massive headache right now and I think it's because today was my first real caffeine free day. I didn't have any tea today. By the time I got home at 8:30 I didn't think it was a smart idea. Sleep will be awesome.

I am noticing, however, that an ongoing health concern that I have seems to be... escalating. It's nothing to do with my diet, I promise. It's just something that my doctor tells me to keep an eye on, and I have been, and in the past week or so it is starting to worry me a little. I know I should probably go in to the doctor, but they're an hour and a half away- I haven't found a new doctor here yet. I should get on that too. I hope it's nothing, but it's on my mind.

And with that, I'm out... it's been a busy, long week so far; and it's going to be another busy long day tomorrow.

Catch up with you later : )
K.

1 comment:

  1. I have also read that making dietary changes can give you headaches. I'm sure no caffeine is definitely a contributing factor, too.

    Definitely find a doctor close to you soon! I want you to be ok! :)

    ReplyDelete