Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dinner time Tuesday (and Wednesday)


I'm linking up with Becky again this week for Dinner Time Tuesday : )

Last night I had all of the fixings set out to make BLTs as soon as I was finished with my music lessons, because my last one was over at 5:30.


I was very happily surprised when I started up the stairs after my student left and already smelled frying bacon!!! : ) A. said he was hungry and he saw everything sitting there, so he figured he might as well start dinner. He had already sliced the tomatoes and he cooked all of the bacon, so all that was left for me to do was toast the bread and dump the shredded lettuce into a Tupperware container.

He loves me. : )

Tonight, to return the favor, I already made chili and mac and cheese (we ALWAYS, always combine those two things... it's a habit I picked up from my family, which they apparently picked up from my dad's family) and stored them in the fridge to heat up later. Wednesdays are my only traveling lesson days, and I'm done at 5 but not usually home til around 5:15-20. By that time A. has typically already found something to heat up, either leftovers or taquitos/chicken fingers from the freezer.

NOT TONIGHT! : )


Yesterday I had a really bad day. I'm not sure why, exactly. The kids were nuts, but I think I was also short on patience due to my bad mood. I think I was in a bad mood because I was tired and feeling emotionally spent between my uncle and the situation in Boston. Regardless, I wound up going for two walks last night, and I didn't have a necessarily productive evening, but it was one I needed - watching brainless TV, playing my two new favorite games (Candy Crush and SongPop) and painting my nails. Today I felt a little bit better. Some things happened that did annoy me, but I got over it quicker, I guess.

ANYWAY. I hope you all have a fantastic day, and remember it's hump day! The weekend is getting closer. 
Peace out guys-
K.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy dinners! :)

    It's just time for summer. Then bad moods will go away. :)

    ReplyDelete