Friday, March 15, 2013

My HP Fix - Memorabilia Edition

Hosted by Latte and a PrayerOne Haole Girl,  It's the Journey. and Rebeckann's Random Thoughts

I'M BACK!

Well, I'm at my parents' house using their internet. Tomorrow, though, we should be getting our own. Hallelujah!

And just in time... here is this week's Harry Potter fix : ) This week is all about Harry Potter memorabilia. Here's my HP bookshelf:


One year at Christmas, my brother asked me for some gift ideas. Instead of giving him a list of things I actually needed, I decided to be indulgent and I gave him a list of nerdy, HP-related things. Namely, the Ravenclaw scarf and the Page-to-Screen book. This was before I was officially "sorted" into Ravenclaw on Pottermore - I just KNEW. I also have the "extra" HP books - the Tales of Beedle the Bard, Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them. (All fun to read, if you get the chance - they were a splurge on an Amazon gift card!)

One of my friends visited HP World at Universal Studios last summer and brought me a Chocolate Frog. I want to eat it, but I don't want to eat it. And also, those glasses are the 3D glasses from when I went to see HP7:2 on IMAX with one of my best friends. I figured it was the last film, and I paid for the glasses, so I was going to keep them as a souvenir. : ) I also have all of the movies, which are not pictured here.

The prize of my collection is my Page-to-Screen book:


I knew this book cost a small fortune when I asked for it, so I was absolutely thrilled when I actually received it! It is so awesome. There are so many neat pictures and little bits of trivia throughout. I definitely had not had the time to look through it all yet, but there is plenty of time for that. LOVE. IT.

A few weeks ago when we put up HP pins I posted a picture of a sweatshirt I would like, with a word representing each of the seven books. Really, I'd like to go to HP World myself and spend money on things that I don't need. : ) I would also like to tour Leavesdon, but I highly doubt that will ever happen.

Next week tune in for a special edition of HP Fix - I am SO EXCITED!!!!
Hoping to blog a lot more soon,
K.

2 comments:

  1. I love books about how movies were made, so I'm sure the HP Page to Screen book is amazing! I so badly want to go to HP world...Scott laughs at me. lol Can't wait for next week's link-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man...I definitely want to read that page to screen book! I didn't even know that existed before now! And I totally feel you on the chocolate frog...I wouldn't eat it either. :)

    ReplyDelete