Sunday, March 24, 2013

Curses, foiled again!

Dear winter,

Please quit trying to be that obnoxious ex-boyfriend who just doesn't get the idea. We don't want you back. You need to move on. All you're doing right now is being annoying and we just want you out of our lives.

Sincerely,
K. (and the rest of the East Coast/Midwest)



Seriously.

Today's forecast on my iPhone is snowing upside-down again:


I just don't even know. I feel bad for the poor little flowers I have seen; they're trying to hard to bloom and winter is like NO, UH-UH. NOT THIS TIME, FLOWER.

Anyway...

Remember that post I did a few weeks ago about how I can't sleep? Well, it's an ongoing issue. I am becoming an insomniac. My brain is just too busy, and I'm also having this problem where I can't get comfortable enough to fall asleep. This has never been an issue before; we have the most amazing sheets in the world and a really cushy mattress pad and the temperature in our room is comfortable at night. I JUST DON'T KNOW. All I know is I'm sick of being tired all the time.

A.'s mom suggested that I keep a notepad and pen next to my bed and write down the things going on in my brain so that I know they're written down and I can fall asleep. Smart woman, she is. Most of what keeps me up are thoughts bouncing around relative to the wedding and the house, endless to-do lists that I'm afraid I'll forget in the morning. So a pad of Post-its and a pen now have a home on my bedstand. Hopefully I remember to use them!

One of my fellow teachers invited me to her church this morning for Palm Sunday, so I'm going. Hopefully it goes well. : ) I'm excited because this week is a four-day week (and so is next week)  because we have off for both Good Friday and Easter Monday. We were supposed to have off on Thursday too, but... again, winter reared its ugly head and we have a snow make-up day that day instead.

I hope you don't get much upside-down snow where you live!
K.

1 comment:

  1. Oh indeed, winter is being stubborn. We were supposed to have off Thursday-Tuesday for Easter. We have off Friday now, and that's it. And if they cancel tomorrow, that's 3 days tacked onto the end of our school year. I. Can't. Do. It. AHHHHHHH! lol

    ReplyDelete