Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Batten down the hatches!

Hello there : )

If you live in the midwest or, like me, on the East Coast ("Mid-Atlantic" to be technical)... you are currently living in anticipation of Winter Storm Saturn.

For the record, I think it's hilarious that we started naming winter storms, especially with names like Khan, Nemo and Saturn. 

Anyway, it's extremely difficult to believe that this is actually going to happen, because it is gorgeous outside right now - well, as gorgeous as 40* weather in March can get. When I came out of work this afternoon, my car was warm inside from the sun shining on it all day. And I'm supposed to believe that we're getting over a foot of snow tomorrow.... hmm. A.'s work has already shut down for tomorrow! So he's planning things to do on his day off.

I checked my iPhone for the weather this morning, and those of you with the iPhone will be familiar with this little weather forecast screen:


Now, I'm familiar with many of the icons for weather on the iPhone, but a few have perplexed me over the years. Let's discuss this icon that is supposed to be here for tomorrow.


WHAT?!!?!??!?!?!

It's snowing, upside down.

I don't know if this is supposed to symbolize the impending accumulation, or what. 

For the record, I found this article with many of the puzzling iPhone weather icons, in case you are curious. 

Stay warm and safe!
-K.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really tired of snow. And we have days to make up during our year still, AND we've started adding on to the end of the year. I just want summer already!

    And I love that it's snowing upside down....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a cancellation as well... This is our third day added to the end of the year because Sandy used all of our snow days. Blah. Summer! Summer! Summer!!!

    ReplyDelete