Monday, March 25, 2013

A productive snow day

SNOW.

Snow day. 

ANOTHER snow day.

At this point I've got nothing to say about that. I think it's ironic that we were originally supposed to have a three day week, then lost Thursday to a snow make up day, and then had a snow day today. So it's a three day week anyway. I did, however, see this online today and I literally laughed out loud: 



Anyway.

Today I woke up at 5 with A's alarm to see if there actually was snow. Since there was I stayed up waiting for the call about school and then, SURPRISE, I couldn't fall back asleep! I laid in bed for about an hour and then got up around 6 and got my day rolling. Which actually worked out well, because I got so much done today. I feel awesome. 

Today I:
- Swiffered the kitchen and living room floors
- Cleaned and organized the guest room since my mom is staying over on Friday night
- hung things on the walls in the kitchen, office, guest room, front door, and music room... this might not seem like a big deal but it looks so much more home-y in here now!

Front door with the "Welcome Spring" sign on it... Well... wishful thinking, right?!

- Began assembling wedding invitations... instead of taking my inserts and monograms to school and using the paper-cutter, I painstakingly cut them all myself. And then started putting the monograms together. I might be nuts for doing this all myself, but I did get most of it done today!
- Called the florist
- Called the pianist for the ceremony
- E-mailed the reception venue
- E-mailed the photographer 
- (in short) crossed a bunch of stuff off of my to-do list : )

AND I still have two lessons tonight that didn't cancel... winning! I'm starting to forget what the kids in my Monday studio look like, and next week is Easter Monday so we don't have lessons scheduled for that night either. Hmm.

Tomorrow will probably not be as productive, but it's the spring concert at school, so I'm excited for that!
Peace out,
K. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh snow....you had a much more productive day than I did! BUT in my defense, my school actually did NOT cancel. We delayed, and I figured I'd just suck it up and go. Unfortunately, my car literally would NOT go up the mountain. So I turned around, came home, and got to use an emergency day anyway.

    At least Scott was off today.

    We had a nice day together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day together : ) And glad you made it home okay!!!

    ReplyDelete