Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dinner Time Tuesday... on Thursday

Oh hey there!

Still no internet at the new place. Grrr....

Instead I am back at the old, freezing ex-house, waiting for the realtor to show up with some potential renters. I figured while I was sitting here I might as well bring my laptop and update my blog! (And do other things.)

On Tuesday, Becky hosted a link-up for "Dinner Time Tuesdays"... and of course, I had no way of updating anything, but I DID take pictures of what I cooked for dinner on Tuesday night!



I bring you... Stuffed Peppers! : )

I know there are many variations of this recipe out there, but this is one that I grew up with, that I have "health-ified" using lean ground turkey instead of beef.


Yum, yum, yum!


First I brown lean ground turkey... I use the 93/7 variety when I'm cooking it with other things (not burgers!)


I usually use Knorr's (or Lipton's) Mexican rice, but I didn't have any of that, so I used some Taco rice instead. Still yummy!


Then I mixed the browned ground turkey and rice all together...


....and I hollowed out some green bell peppers. 
Then I used a big cooking spoon to transfer the ground turkey/rice mix into each pepper. 
I topped each pepper with a little bit of tomato sauce and then baked them in the oven for a little bit. 
I don't generally bake them for very long because I don't like my peppers to get soggy. :-P

I wish I had taken pics of tonight's dinner because I'm pretty proud of it. It was a totally thrown-together meal, because I had stuff I HAD to use. So I cooked a spaghetti squash and paired that with DelGrosso's spaghetti sauce, of the extra tomato-onion-garlic variety. And I halved three chicken breasts and coated them with sun-dried tomato marinade (by Kraft). We each had a half-chicken breast with the spaghetti squash on the side... So yummy!

Thanks for visiting : )
K.



1 comment:

  1. I loved stuffed peppers! I prefer them in soup form, though! I find it's easier! :) Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete