Thursday, January 17, 2013

ESFJ or... how I'm basically Mrs. Weasley

Oh heyyyyyyyy.

All I want to do right now is eat a huge piece of chocolate. Or a pint of ice cream. Or a package of Oreos.

But I'm not.

Actually, a glass of wine wouldn't be bad right now either.

But... I'm not. (Mostly because I don't have any chilled right now. Also, points.)

ARGH. It's been that kind of day. Not one that I necessarily want to write about on here, but I still wanted to write out some of my energy.

Anyway. Last night I was reading E Tells Tales's latest blog entry, in which she took a personality test. So I took it too, and I thought it was very interesting. Apparently I am ESFJ, which means Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging. That's right. I'm judging. :-P

E. broke down bits and pieces of her results, and I'm following her example here.

"Guardians of birthdays, holidays and celebrations, ESFJs are generous entertainers. They enjoy and joyfully observe traditions and are liberal in giving, especially where custom prescribes."
This is pretty accurate. A. and I frequently host gatherings at our house, and our last big "hurrah" in here before we move out is going to be our annual Super Bowl party. Last year I played with all the toddlers more than watching the actual Super Bowl. : ) Our nephew took A.'s soccer field markers and decided to give them to everyone as hats. 


He's so darn cute.

"All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge. They see problems clearly and delegate easily, work hard and play with zest."
I've gotten better at delegating over the past few years, but I can't deny that I like being the boss.

"ESFJs are easily wounded... They by nature 'wear their hearts on their sleeves'... Some ESFJs channel these vibrant emotions into moving dramatic performances on stage and screen."
Well, I can't deny that I'm dramatic either. I love musical theatre to my bones. And I think my post the other day about my honeymoon drama proves that I'm a little too sensitive sometimes.

"Strong, contradictory forces consume the ESFJ. Their sense of right and wrong wrestles with an overwhelming rescuing, 'mothering' drive. This sometimes results in swift, immediate action taken upon a transgressor, followed by stern reprimand; ultimately, however, the prodigal is wrested from the gallows of their folly, just as the noose tightens and all hope is lost, by the very executioner!"
As evidenced by the bold font, I found this paragraph the most interesting, and I thought about it all day. If you can wade through all the fancy language the author used up there, it basically means that I am strong in my convictions of right and wrong, but am essentially a big softie. Why did I think about this all day? Because one of my weakest teaching skills is discipline. As a young teacher, I know that's not out of the ordinary, but it's something I've really been struggling to improve over the past few years, and if this test is in any way accurate, this explains it, I guess.

Apparently ESFJs are excellent caretakers, and should consider careers like medical care and elementary education. (Well, there ya go.)

Famous ESFJs include:
Mary Tyler Moore
Bill Clinton
Sally Field
Rachel McAdams

Fictional ESFJs include:
Monica from "Friends"
Donald Duck
and MOLLY WEASLEY (HELL YEAH!)

Damn straight, Mollywobbles.

You know what? I bet Molly would approve of me getting some chocolate or ice cream.

On that note, peace out and TGIF tomorrow!!!
K. 

1 comment:

  1. "ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked." AMEN.
    Fred Mertz (I Love Lucy)
    Cliff (Cheers)
    ...but I don't like the picture they're painting of me :P
    Also got a kick out of people trying to type the characters from Big Bang Theory: http://personalitycafe.com/guess-type/7681-big-bang-theory.html

    ReplyDelete