Tuesday, January 15, 2013

COOKIES

Well, hey there!

I did it.

I made cookies.

I know that doesn't sound like a very diet-y thing to do, but today was one of those days. Those days when I want to eat everything I see, especially if it is chocolate. Oh, chocolate....

BUT, luckily I had the stuff in my baking cupboard (yes, I dedicated a cupboard to my baking ingredients) to make these delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:

(and there they are sitting on the nice new baking racks my brother got me for Christmas.)

I got this recipe from Weight Watchers at a meeting wayyyyyy back in 2008 (okay, five years ago, but it seems like forever sometimes) the first time I joined and was a real-life member, not just an online one. Back then, they were a fantastic 1-point each. Now they are 2 points+ according to the new system. But they are still delicious and give me a little kick of chocolate. (Now if only I didn't want to eat everything else in the kitchen.)

Here is the recipe - super easy!

1 Box Betty Crocker Spice Cake mix (obviously you can use whatever brand you want, but the points are calculated according to this mix if you are tracking points)
1 Can Libby's Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350*F.
Combine all of the ingredients. (Yeah, all three of them. LOL)
Spoon out onto baking trays using a regular teaspoon. (I didn't use a measuring teaspoon.) If you're aiming for 2 point+ cookies, you want to wind up with 36 cookies. 
Bake until a toothpick comes out of a cookie without a bunch of wet pumpkin gook on it - about 6 or 7 minutes, I think. 

That's it! That's all you have to do. See? I told you. Easy.

There were so many germs flying around at school today that as soon as I got home, I got a shower. (Also, my back is killing me today, so the hot water felt amazing.) I think I'm taking Lysol tomorrow because my little group table got coughed and sneezed on today, and one little guy decided to lay his face on the table and drag it the whole way back to the edge, drooling all the way. I had a chat with every group about coughing and sneezing into their elbows and sanitizing hands. It was very enlightening and made me glad for me own personal moisturizing sanitizer I keep behind my desk. Ugh.

I just realized it's January 15, and our closing date for the house is supposed to be the 31st. Hm. Guess it's time to get packing, for real. (And also patching the holes I've stuck in the walls over the past two and a half years. Oops.)

Go have some cookies and chocolate for me, please, you non-dieters! (DON'T send me pictures... just enjoy it in my honor, mk?)
Take it easy-
K.


No comments:

Post a Comment