Saturday, January 12, 2013

Check, check, check...

Hello again!

Last night my friend Patti and I went to see Les Miserables - it was the second time for both of us. For the first half hour of the movie, the girl sitting next to me kept up a running commentary with her boyfriend. After giving her one dirty look, I decided if she kept it up I would just ask her for $10 at the end of the movie. Luckily, she stopped talking and decided to start watching the movie. (What a novel concept!) ANYWAY. Since it was the second time I saw it, I enjoyed it more - I wasn't worried about seeing what all was left out of the musical, and I already had low expectations for Russell Crowe. I would say it was even better the second time. Anne Hathaway... wow. She's just so good in that part.

On Thursday A. and I spent most of the afternoon and evening cleaning the entire house, because 1) it needed a good cleaning, which hadn't happened since before Christmas; and 2) there was a couple coming to look at it yesterday with a realtor, to potentially rent after we move out. Well, the couple showed up a half hour late, and when they got here they only spent 7 minutes looking through the house. When we give our friends the tour of our house, it usually takes at least 15 minutes... it's a big house, and there's a lot of architectural interest and craftsman features since it's so old. Also, fifteen minutes before they were supposed to show up it started absolutely pouring rain outside, and I was getting angry that my nicely cleaned floors were going to have junk trekked all over them.

Basically, I don't think they're going to be moving here.

On the bright side, I finally got all the necessary documents about my school loans to the bank and paid off my credit card bills, so hopefully we can really get the ball rolling on our house. Our closing date is supposed to be January 31, which is approaching pretty quickly. AHH!

A. and I are going to a bridal show tomorrow (he's thrilled) and then on Monday we have appointments for cake tasting and choosing our menu for the reception. Also, I'm hoping we can squeeze in some time at AAA to finally book our honeymoon. We're definitely behind the game on that one. I've been using The Knot's checklist, which sometimes confuses me and sometimes helps me. For instance, right now my checklist says I'm behind on planning the rehearsal dinner- but is that my job? I thought A.'s parents were responsible for the rehearsal dinner? Hmm....


Honestly, some of the things they had scheduled for way earlier and I just rescheduled them to fit when we have our appointments with each vendor. It's a useful tool, just a little over-detailed at times. 

And on that note, I'm gonna go. Have a great weekend, everyone! Thanks for reading, again : ) I'm excited by all the page views I've been getting. Leave me a comment and say hi!
K. 

No comments:

Post a Comment